A Brief History
In 1956, Father Igumen Gennady (Eykalovich), Dean of the Seminary, initiated purchase of a printing press, first proposed by the former rector Bishop Nikon. The unit, was equipped with two typesetting machines, cylinder press and other typographical equipment. So began STS Press which moved from printing periodicals to books.
In 2005, a new bookstore was completed on the Monastery grounds and is one of the first buildings seen by new visitors upon arrival. Books from various publishers, icons, devotional items and more are found there. The museum is located on the second floor.